Preparation For Changing A Vehicle Tire
Once your car is in a safeand stable area, parked with the parking brake engaged, follow these steps to start changing your flat tire.
- Remove your spare and the tools you'll need from your vehicle.
- Place flares or reflective triangles behind your vehicle for safety, if you're changing your tire on the road.
- Place wheel wedges against the tires opposite of the flat. This will help keep your vehicle secure while it's on the jack.
- Remove the hubcap or wheel cover. If your lug nuts are exposed, skip this step. Use the flat end of the lug wrench to pry the cover off.
- Loosen (but DON'T REMOVE) the lug nuts using the lug wrench.