We are going to focus on 5 Elements of Art and 5 Principles of Art. Artists use these when they are creating and talking about art.
Elements of Art
- Primary Colors
- Secondary Colors
- Colors Families
- Complementary Colors
Principles of Art
- ⌽ Balance
- Where elements are placed in proximety to each other.
- ⦻ Emphasis
- How elements are used to create a focal point in the artwork.
- ⦿ Proportion
- The size relationship between elements used.
- ◻ Variety
- The use of contrasting elements next to each other.
- ∞ Movement
- The repetition and placement of the element(s) to create visual movement.
We will practice the Elements and Principles of Art in these projects this semester.
- Planet Project
- Scattered Name
- Black History Month Famous Portraits
- Spring Flowers
- 100th day of School Glyph
- and many other small projects and critiques